October 04, 2009
Release of the downloadable manual
The downloadable manual for Fast File Renamer can be found
To install the manual, just copy it into the program's directory,
after which it can be opened by clicking "Menu: Help/Manual".
You can also open the manual by double clicking on its file, since
it has its own built-in viewer.
Created using TreePad and
October 03, 2009
Release of the online manual
The new online manual for Fast File Renamer can be found
You can also access it from inside the program by using
"Menu: Help/Online manual". The online manual has been authored and
generated using TreePad.
September 29, 2009
Release of version 2.0, freeware
* Added: you can now drag-drop one one or more files onto the files list (in one go) inside the main window
(instead of using the 'Add files' button).
* Added: you can also drag-drop one or more directories onto the files list (in one go).
* Added: you can even drag-drop a combination of files and directories onto the files list (in one go).
* Drag-drop operations are supported from the Windows Explorer file manager, Total commander and
many other current file management utilities.
Settings and portability
* Added: a new settings screen, which can be accessed through Menu: View/Options
* Added: an option to count the replacements made.
* Added: an option to store the settings in an .ini file inside the program's directory
(useful when running the program directly from USB disk) or in an .ini file inside the
Windows application data directory.
* Added: the position and the size of the main window is now also stored.
* Improved: the list of files now contains several columns.
The third column contains the file name, the fourth column contains the file path,
the first column a number according to the position in the list. The second column
named 'F' contains the 'flag' indicating when an item has been successfully changed.
* Added: 'Menu: Edit/Copy selected file name'.
This copies the name (but not the path) of the currently selected file onto the Windows clipboard.
* Added: 'Menu: Edit/Paste from/Selected file name'. This pastes the name of the selected file
into the active edit field (this can be either the field 'Replace original pattern',
the field 'New pattern', 'Pattern to remove from file name' or 'Pattern to insert into the file name').
* Added: 'Menu: Edit/Paste from/Clipboard'. This pastes the contents of the clipboard into the currently
active edit field.
* Added: 'Menu: Edit/Remove selected file(s) from list'.
* Moved: the item 'Menu: Edit/Clear list' can now be found inside the 'Edit' menu.
* Added: a progress bar during file rename and file load.
The progress bar will only be noticeable when performing operations on larger sets of files.
* Added: a 'Cancel' button to the progress bar, which can be used to cancel bulky
rename and file-load operations.
* Added: Menu: Sort/By file name. This sorts the files-list by file name
* Added: Menu: Sort/By path. This sorts the files-list by file path.
* Added: Menu: Sort/Reverse/By file name
* Added: Menu: Sort/Reverse/By path
* Added: when you click on the column header for 'File', the list is sorted according to file name.
When you click again on the 'file' column header, the list is sorted reversely.
* Added: when you click on the column header for 'Path', the list is sorted according to file path.
When you click again on the same column header it is reverse sorted by path.
* Added: when you click on the column header 'F' (= flag), then the list is sorted according to the
columns 'flag' and 'filename'. Clicking again on this header will reverse sort the list.
* Added 'Menu: Help/Download newest manual'. Please note that the manual is not yet available.
We are still working on it.